- Photographer: Alisa Connan
- Lighting Assistant: Jomile Kazlauskaite
- Digital Operative: Holly Taylor
- Make-up Artist: Morag Ross
- Hair: Darren Fowler
- Creative Director: Sachini Imbuldeniya
- Models: Georgie Hobday & Deni Moodie
When shooting Alisa was entirely in her element, focussed on directing and her Canon MkIII. If I get the oppurtunity to assist her again I will be looking forward to gaining even more insight into troubleshooting and understanding feedback from different sources.
Alisa’s experience has produced a highly professional and inspirational professional. Working with her was so smooth, every issue was quickly solved. As a person who has only been in the industry for 2 years, it was truly an inspiration to see her talk and reflect with the Suqqu team over the shots and guiding her assistants (including myself) on how to get there. She allowed us to make mistakes, gave us feedback and allowed us to work it out ourselves. As a mother of a two-year-old she seemed to let the stress glide straight off her back, seeing the humour and best in everyone.
As a Digital Operator it’s my job to ensure several things:
1. Communicate and understand the brief. Talk with the art director and the photographer ensuring they are achieving what they set out to do as a team.
2. Ensure the images are technically sound as they come through. Act as the photographer’s second eyes and flag any adjustments that need to be made to the photographer. My job is to find out what is going on, why and attempt to fix the issue as quickly as possible.
3. Ensure the handover of the files to both the photographer and or the client is to brief and if there isn’t a brief then as clear as possible.
4. Be a good team player, support one another and respect everyone’s different roles, ask for help and give help in return. You only have a certain amount of time to get the job done and you only have these specially picked people to get it done. It’s important to create a positive culture.
Thank you to everyone, especially Alisa for bringing me along that day! It was amazing!